Guest Post Guidelines
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything useful for my readers is good content for a guest post here. It can be related to home brewing and wine making, alcohol industry news, alcohol science and health, beer, wine or home brew equipment reviews, and it can also be derived from your own personal experiences. Please review the different categories on fermentarium.com for ideas and acceptable topics.
There is no minimum length for your post, but usually the guest posts have over 400 words. There is no maximum length, but if it is over 1000 words you might try to break it up into a series. If you have images to include with your article, please include captions. You must own rights to the photos, or note attribution to the original source.
• Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
• You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
• You can include up to 3 do-follow links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
• Science and health articles should contain references for fact checking
• Home brew beer and mead recipes should be for 5 gallon brews
• Articles which are basic or have been covered many times will not be accepted.
• Articles that lack focus, have loose structure or that don’t stick to the point will not be accepted.
• Poorly written articles which contain bad grammar or punctuation errors will not be accepted.
• News articles which are older than 2 weeks from the original event will not be accepted.
• Please format your guest post as an HTML document, so that I can copy and paste it into the WordPress HTML editor.
• Use H2 or H4 tags for sub-headings.
• Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not spam keywords there, though). If you want to include links to Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, or Twitter in your profile, please include them.
• Include all links to source material if applicable.
Guest Post Ideas
• Unique home brew recipes
• Beer/wine in your community
• Interesting alcohol history or science
• Cooking with beer or wine
• Personal experiences
• Funny or interesting alcohol news
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email email@example.com. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
I will respond to all guest post submissions within a week. If the article is time sensitive, please note it in the header. You should always get a response from me, even in the case of rejection explaining the reason.